Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thomas & Friends Live!




Well the girls and I had a wonderful time at Thomas & Friends Live. We sang, we danced, we watched with rapt attention. It was great!!! I am not to sure that Eric liked it as much as we did. The girls were fascinated to see a TV show come to life like that. Just adorable to watch their expressions. I can't help myself really. If the girls are excited and having fun I will be cheering and giddy right along with them. Just ask any of my family members or friends. I really am quite silly. You should see me at the girl's birthdays, Easter egg hunt, Christmas, a picnic, even the dentist. If the girls are jazzed so am i, I really can't help myself.
The girls think my excitement is awesome right now, but I would like to get it under control before we hit the "mom you are embarrassing" stage. My mom is so sweet, when i tell her these little worries of mine she says "you are their mom sweetheart, they are going to think you are embarrassing" then gives me a big hug, "they will feel loved and valued because their excitement gets you excited, because their happiness brings you happiness and that's the stuff that matters". Then she turns and shouts "Check Him Josh" giant crash into the glass in front of us "Way to get it done! Go Chiefs!" Yep, that's my mom. A good heart to heart and she still didn't lose track of when Josh came on the ice. Oh and did I mention she was also handing out snacks to my girls at the same time. I don't know how she does it all. I think that's just the magic of being a mom, your kids never know how the heck you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment