Sunday, March 8, 2009

being responsible

So, I may have mentioned that I am terribly eager to redo my kitchen. In case I haven't mentioned it, I have ants in my pants and a tax return burning a whole in my pocket to redo my kitchen.
One little hitch. I am a fiscally responsible person. Heck that's why I feel confident in accomplishing a completely new kitchen with a $2290 tax return. You see I am also a good mom. My darling little girl needs over $2000 in dental work. I am still waiting to hear how much the hospital is going to cost for the dental work to be done in. We are going to have Kaitlyn completely knocked out in a hospital and the dentist is going to do all the work in one shot. It is this best solution to save her teeth. The dentist was worried that if we tried to do it in several appointments, that Kaitlyn would only last for one maybe two appointments. If she were to get too upset after that we would have to completely knock her out to finish. Not to mention that she would then have a fear of the dentist and hate to go the rest of her life.
My dreams of a kitchen with cabinets instead of metal racks, actual counter space to cook on, counter tops that are not fake wood, and a hood over the stove to vent grease....... will just have to wait. I have waited seven years for a new kitchen, one more won't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment