Wednesday, March 18, 2009

my house is a little cleaner

Well i woke up today and my house was actually cleaner than it was when i woke up the day before. You may scoff at this, but it's an improvement. For the past many weeks I have been preoccupied with dentist fears, endless form filling out, multiple appointments, never ending phone message leaving, insurance authorization, fee determination, birthday party planning, and trying to get my self and children over this never ending head cold (it's been 3 weeks now).
I have managed to just barely stay afloat with the laundry. Mostly because i can sit while i fold. But the dishes, floor, and overall house tidiness has taken a big hit. Killing myself to clean up the house one day; Only to lay on the couch the whole next day and have it be even worse is not a solution. So i have focused on one thing each day. Laundry, dishes, errands, floors, picking up.
Only a few problems with this, you can do laundry twice a week and still stay mostly caught up. Only picking up the house twice a week with my two preschoolers and my niece two days a week, is a really messy idea. Same with the dishes. Well the dishes thing is really smelly and messy. Yet somehow I got the dishes done, whole house picked up, floors all swept, and laundry washed yesterday. So I ran the errands and otherwise i am trying to rest while i fold laundry.
We are going to a pre-season Shock game tonight. I must be rested to cheer loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment