Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20th



Well I can't quite believe it, but my baby is three years old today.
I am not sure how this could have happened, it surely hasn't been three years since we first met.
Then again she has already pulled "but momma it's my birthday" while batting her eyelashes at me and smiling oh so sweetly, at least twice this morning. Yeah now that i think of it, no doubt at all the little miss is three.
It just seems like yesterday that my sister was complaining that it wasn't fair that i was having a c-section in the morning and she also 9 months prego had no idea when she would be having her baby. I just smiled and said "I'll see you at the hospital tomorrow. As soon as i can get down the hall I will." She had gone off about, "well of course you will see me at the hospital, like i would miss that" and on and on she went for a few mins then she said, "oh, when you get down the hall, do you really think so, really" I smiled, we hugged the best we could both being nine months along and i kicked her out the door. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.
Both our doctor and my self had no doubt that Dani would go into labor while i was at the hospital. It's the way our whole pregnancy had gone. Got pregnant same weekend, told mom same day two hours apart that we were pregnant, both ended up in the hospital two hours apart with contractions three times, and we had the same due date. Our babies had been so in tuned with each other the whole time i really didn't think that one would show up with out the other. That's why when my phone rang as we were kissing Kaitlyn good bye to go to the hospital, i didn't look at who it was and asked "when did your water break?" "Just now i was awake and i was going to wish you luck and as i was reaching for the phone and my water broke....... Oh my god, my water broke" "See you there Dan"
Dani was moving fast and it looked like she would have her baby before i went in for my surgery. But then the anesthesiologist didn't like my blood pressure at all and my c-section was delayed while several more bags of fluid was pumped into me. My blood pressure was to low. As i sat on pins and needles all hooked up to monitors hoping all was going well with Dani, our doctor came in. He got my chart and said what's going on in here. It turns out that Danica's contractions that had been about one min apart had abruptly stopped. She was at 9 3/4 almost ready to push and her contractions just stopped.
As i was being wheeled into the surgery suite for prep a loud scream erupted down the hall. I didn't know at the time but it was my sister. Her contractions had started again in full force. Our Doctor who had planned to assist in my surgery came in, "those babies have every intention of being born together, I'm sorry but I won't be able to assist." I just started crying and my doctor who has been my doctor for almost 16 years now, squeezed my hand and said "I'll take good care of her and I'll be back to check on Samantha as soon as McKenna gets her out"
Four hours later only moving with the help of buttons on my bed, Dani brought Mya down the hall so I could meet her. We both cried and held each other's babies. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment