Thursday, November 19, 2009

Felt food

Ok.... I'll admit it..... I have become a little obsessive about felt food in the last week or so.

Have you seen it though? I mean really can you blame me?
Esty has pages and pages of finished food or food patterns. It is all so cute and fun and yummy looking. I have not bought anything but I am seriously tempted. Very Very tempted.

Instead of buying it already finished I decided I wanted to try making some.
Reason 1. I have several felt scrapes from another project I am working on.
2. At 25 cents a sheet it's well within my "I tried and failed" craft budget.
3. If I make it myself, I won't spend a small fortune filling a play fridge.
Anyway add all that up and I was off on my adventure to make felt food.

My adventure has led to some serious belly laughs. My first whole egg, well i almost peed my pants, I laughed so hard. I have hunted down free patterns, read lots of tutorials, and actually assembled several items. So far I have invested $2. I think I will be returning to the fabric store soon and buy more bread color & ham color along with some white or pink embroidery floss. Christmas is coming and my girls are getting a new big kitchen from Santa. They have lots of plastic fruits & veggies but I don't think it will be enough to fill the new fridge & pantry.

If you start to get that felt food itch, I have loved these sites.
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/06/05/making-doughnuts/
http://snazzlecraft.blogspot.com/2009/01/free-felt-food-pattern.html

No comments:

Post a Comment