Friday, August 21, 2009

preschool?

I have worried and worried about PRESCHOOL.

Well point blank we can't afford preschool. We earn to much to attend any state run facility and the private run preschools are out of our budget. If our children need something, Eric and I will do what ever it takes to make it happen.

But that is the essential question, Does Kaitlyn need preschool?

I have read so many books, articles, parent polls, parent & expert blogs, completed tests, answered questions, and anything else that is relevant to preschool that I can get my hands on, this has lead to many sleepless nights and one answer. No, Kaitlyn does not need preschool. Kaitlyn is a well socialized child that is confident and kindergarten ready.

Then the question became, Do I need Kaitlyn to go to preschool?

Her almost five year old mind, is craving, no demanding more complex and involved stimulation. So I returned to my books, websites & blogs to determine how I would cope with a five year old at home. Almost everything says, send them to preschool. I quickly learned that, keeping a five year old entertained at home with out the help of preschool is not for the faint of heart. I still can't afford preschool but my sanity is also a valuable asset.

What to do, What to do. I am still figuring it out but I am close to a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment