Monday, August 24, 2009

Preschool, part two

I am going to do preschool at home!
I have found an online curriculum that is adaptable to both Kaitlyn and Samantha and doesn't expect us to spend more than an hour on lessons each day. It's called "letter of the week" and well we learn all about a letter each week. There are poems, songs, coloring pages, even letter themed snacks. http://www.letteroftheweek.com/index.html
I figure with some scheduled planned teaching instead of just learning based activities, I should be able to properly stimulate Kaitlyn. That along with a few extra curricular activities, like dance or art classes should be just about right.
I had been hoping to have her join girl scouts but the web site says Kindergarten is the youngest they take. Camp Fire has a pre-K group for three to five year olds. That may work but I really wanted her to be with other five year olds. I have sent off e-mails to both groups. Having been a girl scout myself, I know Kaitlyn would love it.
I am going to start with the intro week tommrow and do "A" starting on the 1st. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment