Wednesday, July 29, 2009

glowing in the wonderfulness that is family

So many things are going on right now.
Everyone is growing in some part of their life.
Preparing for big changes.
Facing big changes.
Wings are being spread.
Relationships are growing stronger.
I am so lucky to have a large family to love. I am even luckier that my husband's large family feels like my own. I am even more fortunate to have a large extended family. The fact that i run out of fingers and toes before i have finished with brothers and sisters, is amazing. Then to know that although the next few months may be hard, wonderful things are happening for so many of them. In the next years time 3 of them will be graduating with a bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree, one will be living far from home at 16 to pursue the sport he loves, three will be enjoying a year of family firsts, two will be learning the ropes at new jobs, and hopefully my mom will use her "empty sooner than she wanted nest" free time to date and enjoy all that is wonderful her. And those are just the things you can put on paper. I didn't mention the proud tears, happy sighs, and the strength of character required to make the hard choices.
I guess i am glowing in the wonderfulness that is family.

No comments:

Post a Comment