Thursday, May 14, 2009

birthday plans

Tomorrow is the husband's birthday. Normally he does not allow me to acknowledge his birthday in anyway. I do anyway, but he fights me the whole time. This year he has allowed me to throw him a small, quiet, nothing fancy birthday party and buy him gifts. To say that i am excited would be an understatement, i am bursting at the seams with excited happiness.
So, i have set about putting together a low key get together. It's just going to be some friends and family members. I am making pulled pork sandwiches, with bush's maple cured bacon baked beans, and chips. Eric's mom is making the potato salad and bringing the veggie tray. The food should be great. I even ordered him a star trek cake.
For the entertainment portion of the evening we will be watching our first outdoor movie of the season on the new giant screen that Eric made. Nothing goes better with movies than popcorn and Eric's parents gave him a new stir crazy popcorn popper as an early birthday gift. It makes the best popcorn. I got him these awesome individual popcorn buckets and a bunch of popcorn seasonings too. I bought unauthorized birthday decorations as well. I have those hidden in the basement and I plan to decorate while he is at work tomorrow.
I love my husband so much, they really don't come better than him.

1 comment:

  1. yay! Happy birthday to Eric! I wish that I could be there tonight. =)

    ReplyDelete