Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October 1st

This has been a fun week for us. It has gotten allot colder outside. With the cold we are more reluctant to stop snuggling under our blankets to actually get the day going. Colder weather means all that wonderful cold weather slow cooked dinners. Less to do at dinner time but I am doing allot of cooking each morning between breakfast, dinner, lunch and a snack by noon.
This has been E week. It's been fun with Elephants, Eggs, Ovals, Pomp & Circumstance composer Edward Elgar, and Amelia Earhart. Granted we have had lessons after lunch everyday this week instead of our usual 10am. That just means our mornings have been free play with me cooking and our afternoons the more structured part of our day.
I did cave in yesterday and turned on the furnace. It was still 63 in the house at lunch time and when we went out to play it felt warmer outside. It was only 54 outside but the sun was warm on your back. It was 90 a week and a half ago, what happened? I will have to start my marathon leaf raking soon. The yard is actually littered with leaves now. I have ignored them until now because i am stubborn and silly and decided that I would not acknowledged the leaves until it was October. It is now the first of October and the last two cold nights have tripled the amount of leaves in the yard. Ugg!
I think we will decorate the house today for fall. My spring/summer decorations just seem very out of place with the furnace on. Daisy's to fall leaf bouquets & jacks to gourds in the vases in dining room, Flowers to leaves & scarecrows in the large picture window, sandals to slippers by the back door, fans to blankets in the corner, oh yes and the heavy drapes for our drafty windows. Yes it's fall, no more ignoring, I love the fall, but winter was just so long last year, I don't even want to consider winter, and to love fall, to embrace fall, I must consider winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment