Friday, October 16, 2009

Kaitlyn is 5 today!

My Katie Bug is five years old today.
How did this happen?
I swear it was just a few months ago that her and Eric were playing games and keeping me awake at night. Yes, she has always been a daddy's girl even before she was born.
Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that she babbled to me all day in her own language and I understood about half of what she said and commented on all of it. We carried on lengthy conversations, even though she was barely one.
When did my darling little girl get to be so big?
Probably she got bigger when she was arguing her case better than any hardened new york lawyer. She may have gotten a little bigger when her sense of fashion compelled her to comment on my clothes. She may have grown just a little bitty bit while she wrote & illustrated her first book. Or when she decided that she wants to be a horticulturist and write gardening books when she grows up. She might have grown when i wasn't looking or when she was sleeping or reading me stories or creating the most complicated story lines involving all the princesses in the playroom or being the perfect little girl that she has always been.
No matter how or when it happened, It did. My baby is 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment