Monday, June 8, 2009

It's a wonderfully cold, rainy, gloomy in a great kind of way day here. You can take a deep breath of freshly washed clean air. All of the puddles around the house are yellow from all of the pollen, which is great because it's not in the air.
I made great progress on the driveway project yesterday. I filled and Eric emptied the wheel barrow 11 times. That was about 330 shovel fulls. My shoulders are a little tight today. I don't mind. I like sore muscles from good honest work.
With the rain I think i will get the girls working on their lessons. We tend to get a little behind with all the sunshine. Kaitlyn can write her own name now and it's legible. She is very proud of this. I am beaming. She can also write mom and Sam. She wants to master dad, Samantha, to, and from. She draws pictures and writes poems. I feel so special when my name is at the top and she puts her name on the bottom, so i know it's just for me from my Katie bug. She is also doing great with her number recognition and is loving doing dot-to-dots right now. Samantha knows all of her capital letters and most of the lower case. She gets stumped with the d,b,p,g,q's. She knows it's one of them so she always gets it by the 5th guess. She is also now doing mazes, one of these is not like the others, and what's missing worksheets all by her self. It's been fun to watch then figure out these new skills.
Have a great day everyone!

1 comment: