Saturday, June 20, 2009

good start

Well a great start to the day!
I have filled and emptied the wheel barrow 11 times. The newly dug dirt has been racked and added to the nicely coming along embankment. It's been raining and thunder and lighting storming all week. This is the first time i have been able to tackle that dirt since last Sunday. I was worried that very wet dirt would be harder to dig. It was actually easier in many ways. The dirt was much softer, much less effort was needed to dig the shovel in. The dirt stayed clumped up nicely so what i dug up, all made it to the wheel barrow each time. It was allot heavier dirt mind you, but that evened out with the less muscle needed to dig it up and less shovels to fill the wheel barrow. Katie Bug had her shovel out too and added many shovels of dirt to the wheel barrow. Samantha happily planted any of the weeds that fell from my shovel. She is quite the little gardener.
It's now lunch time so in i have come to make my growing girls their lunch. I probably needed the break too. I didn't want to stop going but tomorrow I will be glad I did. We have a Shock game tonight. First home game in a month and we are still undefeated. GO Shock! Eric doesn't know it yet but he will be painting in the kitchen while the girls nap. Hopefully by the time i put my head on my pillow tonight many things will be done. Driveway dirt dug, embankment racked, laundry washed and folded, kitchen wall finished painting, football game, and maybe a movie too.
Tomorrow is father's day and I want Eric to be able to play and goof off and what not. For some reason or another he feels that he should be doing yard work too if I am or painting if I am or house projects if I am. Maybe that's why I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment