Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a glorious day!

What a glorious day! My arms are scratched and welted and a little pinker than usual. My hands have at least two blisters and there is dirt under my finger nails. My muscles are a little tired and i am sure that i will be sore tomorrow. Isn't it just WONDERFUL!
I have been doing yard work all day. All of my flower beds have been cleaned up and that lovely winter crusty soil has been all broken up. The large hedge that suffered some snow damage this winter is now 1/2 it's former self. My lilac bushes have all been pruned and the fresh buds look lovely. Snow damaged parts of my rose bushes have been taken care of. As well the over grown, large enough to be a hedge, wild rose bush on the side of the drive way.
My darling husband has been flattening the backyard, helping trim hedges when i was too short, and making sure that his sprinkler systems survived the winter. He is not pink but bright red in parts. I shall be looking for the aloe as soon as i say goodbye. I guess my mostly shady flower beds helped me more than i knew.
Such a good feeling, looking at a full yard waste bin and another pile big enough to make me think "two trips with a truck should take care of that". Flower bed full of tulips stalks and just waiting for more flowers, along with lilac bushes covered in buds, and the stirrings of life in the roses and other bushes soon to be covered in buds. It just makes me think how amazing god is and how blessed i am to see his miracles.
I just saw the husband flinch as he moved his arm. I have to go find that aloe, hold him down, and put it on him no matter how much he doesn't like it. He needs it and it won't get on him any other way. Enjoy the spring folks and don't forget the sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment