Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy easter

Happy Easter all!
we have had a fun day filled with family, candy, food and hunting. Can you believe that it's only half over. Girls and mom are finishing up our naps, some of us finished early. Shortly we will wake up our darling girls to enjoy more Eater fun. We are heading out to Grammy and Pop Pop's house to enjoy family, candy, and food with the Hawker's. If we are very lucky, maybe the Easter bunny left treats there too.
There is just something contagious about the excitement that two 3 year old's and a 41/2 year old have. It's like it sizzles in the air. I had Ava, Mya's sister over on Friday, she will be 3 in August. We climbed a big hill in the park and called it our mountain. When we reached the very tippy top, all four girls were beaming with pride at their achievement. It was just a hill and part of my sneaky plan to wear them out. And still I felt their pride like it was my own. I could almost burst with their shared pride at a job well done. I took like 12 pictures.
Then yesterday with a couple hundred kids chopping at the bit to start an egg hunt. It was cold and windy and it sprinkled on and off the whole time, but the kids didn't care. I felt the cold and the wind waiting outside the bounce castle, at the giant slide, and the fire truck. I however didn't notice a thing while waiting with my girls for the horn to start the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment