Wednesday, July 28, 2010

made me think

I read a wonderful post today by one Miss Elle.
It was a post that made me smile, a soul deep smile.

She was talking about that moment when you relies that you are no longer "you" but a new "mother" version of yourself.

I loved that moment.
The moments when you miss watching grown up programing but wouldn't give up the snuggles and giggles on the couch watching something animated for anything in the world.

Coffee shops, happy hour, carefree shopping, and many more things suddenly don't have the same siren call they once did.

When we first started talking about more babies, i was scared.
My girls are big enough that i was getting that "me" time back. I didn't know what i was giving up with my girls. I also didn't know what i was getting.

Now I'm eager to finish our remodeling projects and get pregnant again. The snuggles, kisses, hugs, drawings, story time, well everything really even when they drive me crazy; that's my siren call now.

No comments:

Post a Comment