Wednesday, February 17, 2010

week 23 already

My girls are working on their weekly math work sheets as i finish up the sewing on the critters they will be stuffing very soon. I am multi-tasking as usual, stitch stitch instruct, stitch stitch instruct. As I read the instructions on comparing tall and short, Samantha shouts out "this stop sign is tallest, mom momma stop is an s s s "S" word." Kaitlyn not to be out done by her little sister quickly points out that sign is also an "S" word. I am thrilled that they love learning and poke myself with the needle, as my brain takes a moment to bask in momma pride. The phrase "multi-tasking can be dangerous" floats through my head as a suck on my now bleeding finger.
Band-aid in place the girls have moved on to a cut and paste project. An astronaut who is catching stars. Although this page has very little coloring the cutting of 10 tiny starts will keep them busy for awhile.
It's some where between the spontaneous rhyming game, the speed and the quality of the cutting, the guessing of tomorrows possible science lesson and project, and brainstorming of possible "S" food to cook when it hits me like a ton of bricks. Oh My Goodness We are on S Week! The school year is more than 1/2 over. We are on week 23 of a 38 week program. And my little experiment into home schooling has been wonderful, fun and very successful.
I am writing this as both girls happily stuff their stuffed animals chatting away and continuing to discuss possibilities of their "S" themed science lesson. We are making Snow from a kit i picked up, it's a surprise though. Surprises are a part of "S" week fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment